Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY

I'm a crafty person.  Once we started talking about marriage, I made the decision that I was going to DIY my wedding.  For anyone who doesn't know, DIY stands for "do it yourself."  I had never really thought much about what I wanted at my wedding until Kevin and I started talking about it, but once I caught the marriage bug, you could say I got prepared.  I decided that I wanted a global theme, not so much bringing in other cultures, but displaying maps and globes.  I crochet all the time during the winter months, and had just crocheted a cool flower, so I started thinking about making my flowers, rather than buying them.  I decided I wasn't good enough at crocheting flowers to crochet my bouquet, but I took on the task of teaching myself to create paper flowers.  I bought a random old book and some atlas' and began making paper flowers.  Slowly, with the help of pinterest, my wedding crafting is looking AMAZING.  


I want to use this blog as a way to show people that their pinterest dream weddings don't just have to be dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment